Tama Bag Kit (components also available separately)
Tama (meaning 'jewel') is a gorgeous bag suitable for many uses which combines sashiko stitching with a timeless Japanese drawstring bag design. Using our tsumugi charm pack squares, sashiko stencils and marking pen, draw your design onton the fabric before stitching with sashiko needle and thread.
You can assemble the bag either by hand or machine stitching before making the adorable flower toggles. Step by step instructions are included.
As you may already have some of the components of this kit, we are offering it as either a complete kit, or you can choose any combination of individual elements to purchase separately. Please see the dropdown menu below.
You can also make simple alterations to the bag, for example:
- Use only one stencil design instead of two
- Draw your own sashiko design
- Don't do any sashiko (then you have a lovely, reversible bag)
- Use your own fabric or squares, maybe just two different colours
- Make the bag bigger or smaller (it is made using 5" squares but will work with any size)
- Use sashiko on more squares
Approximate dimensions: 18cm x 18cm x 18cm