Cohana Kokeshi Doll Pincushion
A charming pincushion disguised as a traditional kokeshi doll from northern Japan. In snowy Tsugaru, woodworkers started carve small dolls called kokeshi as souvenirs for tourists to the region's famous hot springs.
Kuroishi city of Aomori, the birthplace of Tsugaru Kokeshi, recently founded the Tsugaru Kokeshi Museum to immortalize the region's wood crafts as well as to spur innovation and development on existing themes. We collaborated with the museum to produce this modern, functional twist on the traditional kokeshi doll.
We adopted the traditional sleek shape and bobbed hair of the kokeshi, interpreted in Cohana's signature colours: yellow, pink, turquoise and blue.
Each doll opens to reveal a hidden pincushion and comes with three quality needles from Meboso Hachirobei Shoten.
The doll's base is magnetic to easily pick up fallen pins and needles.
Producing Region : Aomori
※The displayed dimensions are guidelines. There may be some discrepancies with the actual product dimensions.
Height 90mm, Diameter 30mm Needles Length 36.4mm, Thickness 0.71mm
- Kokeshi dolls are made of natural wood, so there are differences in colour and grain. Also, as the years go by, the white bark gradually changes to a lighter colour. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Facial expressions are hand-painted by craftsmen, so there are individual differences.
- It may fade when exposed to direct sunlight or strong lighting for a long time.
- The surface is coated with lacquer, but if you polish it with wet hands or a cloth, the colour may fade.When cleaning, please polish it with a dry cloth.
- The joint may not close or loosen due to humidity or temperature changes. Please keep it closed.
- Please use away from things that are affected by magnetism, such as personal computers, mobile phones, and electronic devices.
- Do not use the needle for anything other than sewing
- The needle tip is sharp and dangerous, so be careful when handling lost needles.
- After use, wipe off sweat and grease to prevent rust.
- Be careful not to let the needles get stuck in the needle pincushion.
- This product is for needle holder only. Do not use it for any other purpose.
- Keep out of reach of infants.